Top Attractions in Sarasota, Florida which must not be missed
Sarasota, the beautiful city on Florida’s southwestern coast is known the world over for its unique culture, resorts, and beaches. The city is home to numerous cultural institutions, which exhibit the masterpieces of the great masters as well as specimens of modern art. The warm climate of the city makes it a favourite amongst golf lovers.
While you’re here on a trip, a visit to the top attractions of Sarasota, Florida is a must to experience the incredibility of this beautiful city. Here they are:
- This monument preserves the rich legacy of John and Mable Ringling, the famous American circus owners and art collectors.
- The structure houses a museum of art, the historically important Ca’ d’Zan mansion, the art library, Circus Museums, and the Historic Asolo Theater.
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- These are lush green botanical gardens sprawling an area of about 15 acres.
- What distinguishes these gardens from the others is the fact that these gardens are dedicated to the study and display of Epiphytes, which are plants such as mosses that grow on other plants. It is the only botanical garden of its kind in the whole world!
Asolo Repertory Theatre
- This is counted amongst the top attractions in Sarasota, Florida, of which it is the main professional theater.
- The performance space for the theatre was originally located in Asolo’s historic theatre in Italy!
Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium
- This is a marine research organisation founded in 1955 and is amongst the most visited attractions in Sarasota.
- The Mote Aquarium houses over 100 species of marine life including sea sharks, seahorses, jellyfish, manatees, rays, and others.
Ca’ d’Zan Mansion
- A majestic Venetian Gothic palace, which functioned as the home of John and Mable Ringling.
- The mansion boasts Mediterranean Revival architectural style introduced in the US towards the end of the 19th century.Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary
- The sanctuary serves as an animals rescue, which creates habitats as close to the native habitats of the residing species as possible.
- The animals are provided with a daily behavioural, manipulative, and sensory enrichment to ensure they stay active, healthy, and happy.Beaches in Sarasota
- Sarasota is most famous for its sandy beaches, which are known for their shallow waters and fine sand textures.
- Some of the most famous beaches are the Lido Beach, the Siesta Key Beach, etc.
Sarasota is most famous for its exquisite sandy beaches that are known the world over. The Ringling Museum is known for its Italian architecture and culture while the Mote Aquarium is famous for its rich collection of marine life.
The Sarasota School of Architecture is a famous style that developed as the mid-century Modernist architecture’s variant. The Crocker Church is a famous historic structure counted amongst the top attractions in Sarasota, Florida.
While you’re in the city, consider visiting the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, which are unparalleled in their collection of epiphytes and orchids. Numerous TV series and films have been shot at Sarasota’s exotic locations, bearing testimony to the beauty of this incredible city that prides itself in being one of Florida’s most colourful cities.
Planning a trip to Sarasota? Consider visiting these top attractions of Sarasota, Florida and discover the many colours of this incredible city.